Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Before photos:






Tackle It.... This Week

ARgh.. Yesterday afternoon, I typed out my list of things to tackle, lost my internet connection, and Baby Bear awoke from her nap at the same time. So here I am, in my nightgown, listening to Baby Bear bang wooden puzzle pieces together like cymbals, and trying to re-focus.

My house needs a makeover. Not in the Extreme Makeover sense, where they come in and tear it down and start all over. No, it's only 4 years old. It neets an Organization Makeover. In my usual form, I sit here overwhelmed by the multitude of areas which need tackling and freeze. Once upon a time, I thought a project called the Finding Focus Project sounded like a good idea. It still sounds good. And then there was the Large-Family-Logistics inspired weekly "routine", with a focus area for each day. Again, it still sounds good. There's a big difference between liking the sound of something and taking action.

Anyway, here's a list of things I need to tackle. I am ashamed to post pictures of every area that needs tackling, so the ones above are just a few. It will take more than today to turn every area around... and keep it organized. But it's a start...

  • load dishwasher/wash dishes/put away dishes (never-ending chore)
  • sweep & wash kitchen floor
  • wash bathroom floors
  • wash & fold laundry & put away
  • sort baby clothes: organize nursery dresser
  • read and play with baby bear
  • pick up living room- Baby Bear dumped her blocks out again before I had the chance to take an AFTER pic. At least I KNOW the carpet is clean under the new mess.
  • pick up bonus room
  • vacuum living room/hall/nursery
  • vacuum bonus room
  • change sheets
  • vaccum stairs
  • put soil into empty pot & transplant tomato plants into it
This is just the tip of the iceberg... here I go!

Green= done (though some may be done at several points, such as reading with baby bear)
Yellow= in progress


For more tackles which humble, motivate,
make you feel good or guilty, visit
5minutesformom

last edit 3:43 p.m. Friday

I stalled a little bit, actually I got distracted playing a few good rounds of "boo" (hide and seek/peek-a-boo combo) with Baby-Bear. And I actually cooked dinner and had it ready when hubby got home from work and finished his toned-down workout upstairs. (well, the crock pot and the stove cooked, I kept an eye on things.) we went for a walk after I transplanted my tomato seedlings, and I had to watch American Idol. After photos? Later this week...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only been in my home and I think it needs an organizional makeover! Great job at having a plan and going with it :)

Grace said...

You can do it girl!

crt said...

good job

Tech Mom said...

I look forward to your tackle it Tues lists--makes me think of things I need to do!!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

Time with the little one's are MUCH more precious than ANY house work that could be done! I hope you enjoyed it and you both had FUN!

Nan said...

Tackle it Tuesday is a great idea! I like your list and how you're going at it.

crt said...

i'm glad american idol was part of the list. he he he. it was so good last night.

Laura said...

Look how much you've already accomplished! Don't get down on yourself. Try not to look at the whole picture but just what is in front of you. Little steps. You can do it!

Laura

Lauren said...

ah, American Idol was not really on the list, but I made it a priority. :-) IMHO, the only part of the season REALLY worth watching is the last few weeks... all the tryout stuff at the beginning gets old after a while.

Anonymous said...

It looks like you have a beautiful home.

Lauren said...

Thank you. If I could just get into housekeeping mode, the clutter wouldn't distract from the beauty... little by little!