Things that make me go "hmmm...."
for the past couple of weeks, I was wondering why the lavender callas I had planted were not sprouting yet. Well, last week, some green leaves poked through the ground, but they looked more like the sprouts from my day lillies than the spikes from my other calla lillies. I didn't want day lillies in that part of my flower bed, so I pulled up some of the sprouts. (In spite of my Dad's advice to let them grow and see what they become.)
The thought occured to me that I might have planted my new callas there, instead of where I had thought I'd planted them. I don't remember. I remember thinking about planting them where the sprouts have come up.
Anyway, different varieties of callas have different leaves, so we shall see. (Someone in the neighborhood has these really exotic yellow ones with red tips and dark green leaves, totally different shaped leaves than my soft pinks.)
My transplanted cherry tomatoes seem a little wilted and sad. I gave them some plant food and water, so we'll see.
Baby Bear is announcing her naptime is over, gotta go!
No comments:
Post a Comment