one of those days
I woke up sleepy because I stayed up too late last night. It's always hard for me to settle down when hubby travels. Bear awoke around 11:30 p.m., needing her Mommy to rock her again. I obliged. She's got a bit of congestion that seems to wake her up. I probably should think about plugging in the humidifier while she sleeps and see if that helps. I had also put off doing my Bible study lesson, so after I put her down, I did it. I read about Joseph and Solomon and Job and Asaph, how they struggled. Isn't it interesting that while we Christians tend to try to act perfect, put on a facade of holiness or spirituality even when we don't feel that way, the Bible is full of people who struggled and expressed those struggles in very real ways? God drew them back to Himself... soetimes with chastisement, but always revealing His faithfulness.
I've been in kind of a funk, desert, pity party, all of the above for a while now. It's not a permanent state, but it does come and go. I accepted an invitation to join the Gospel Transformation study because it sounded like a great opportunity for fellowship and accountability. It's a study that is opened to people who are involved in leadership of some kind in our church, and it involved digging deep and examining how God's story is revealed in scripture and how it applies to our own lives. God put me in a small group with some amazing women, and I am so thankful. I haven't been involved in a Bible study/group like this since college, perhaps...? It's been far too long. I have also been reading the book Sacred Marriage, thouh I haven't participated in our W@H discussion group. I like it a lot.
Anyway, it seems that being in a funk is a common thread among me and several of my friends lately. I'm praying we get out of this state, soon.
2 comments:
I noticed there was a google ad on your side of natural sleeping helps!! Your class sounds really good--transforming the mind is a worthy goal and will make our life one more of leaning on Him. However we are a slow learning bunch and I go backwards many times!! It is great to be in a small group like that though!!
Sacred Marriage is one of my favorites. Gary Thomas lives just a bit south of us, across the border. Every time we drive through his town, I just want to stop and ask him to have tea with us. He spoke just a week or two ago on Dennis Rainey's Family Life Today, and it was a really good broadcast. (This being said by someone who doesn't usually rave about Christian Radio.) Anyway, just thought I'd pass that on.
BTW, the hairbows in the post above are adorable. When you get really clear pictures, please post them again and give us step by step instructions. I think I'd like to make some too, but have no idea where to begin.
Post a Comment