Sunday, May 20, 2007

4 days 'til we go back in time

I mean, to Gramma's house. or Great-Gramma's, as Baby Bear and her cousins know her. Baby Bear has grown a lot since Christmas, and since we're not sure we'll be able to go up for hubby's cousin's wedding in July thanks to his job, we're going while we can. We have learned not to take our grandparents for granted. While she is still in reasonably good health for a woman her age, she is our last living grandparent on earth, and I hope Baby Bear and she will have time to build memories together.

"back in time" will mean we may not have internet access. we will have a bathtub, but no shower, unless we set up the contraption in the cellar.

We may bring our computer, so we can show Gramma some more pics of Baby Bear, and I may just have to "blog" in word or my (ghasp) journal with actual binding.

We're looking forward to seeing Gramma, perhaps some other relatives, and seeing Baby Bear's reaction to the cows and a large yard to run around in. Now I've just got to check the weather and figure out how to pack... summer/spring/winter? It's a different world in Wisconsin.

Oh, if you live near us and have a special cheese request or would like fresh cheese curd, check out Meister's website and e-mail me if you want us to pick some up from the factory for you.

2 comments:

Tech Mom said...

I'm so glad you can go now as it is nice to have you all come up at different times--that way it breaks it up for Gramma and she gets treats during the summer and it brings her more enjoyment!! Glad you are all feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip. I am sure your Gramma will be so glad to see you. Thanks for visiting me today!