Monday, May 21, 2007

Finding Focus/Tackle It Tuesday
Tackle It Tuesday Meme



If Baby Bear and I are going to make it to the zoo on Wednesday, I've got a LOT to do tonight and tomorrow. Please bear with me as my Tackle is Pretty much the same as last week's. Yes, I am THAT domestically challenged and/or lazy. (If I'm truly being honest, I'd say it's the latter.)

Fold & PUT AWAY Mt. St. Laundry-It's already washed, at least!
Sweep kitchen floor
Clean Master bathroom
Pick up living room/hannah's room/Hall spaces
Vacuum living room/hannah's room/hall spaces
clean out fridge... it's starting to stink, it's that bad.
Load/Unload/reload dishwasher as needed
Hand-Wash/Put away dishes
Water flowerbed and pots(like I really need to be reminded of that-if I spent half the time inside as I have outside lately, things would be looking a little better around here! )
Clean off countertop
change & wash sheets from our bedAnd somewhere in between....
Go for a walk with Baby Bear...
Read books with Baby Bear...
Cuddle with Baby Bear...
(Not that I need to be reminded of those things, either, but hey....)

My goal? To have the house in reasonable-enough condition so that when we return from our trip next week, I'll not be overwhelmed by complete chaos. I want a fresh start!

It feels good to have a start on this list before I go to sleep tonight.
Green= Done;
Yellow= In progress
Red= Top Priority, regardless of my motivation level


WHAT'S YOUR TACKLE?


Last edit, 10:12 p.m. Tuesday

I think I'm going to call my Tackle Complete, at least the picture-posting-portion. Baby Bear awoke from her LONG morning nap, and quite frankly, I hate cleaning. I'm going to have to learn to spread out my tackles... i.e. QUIT PROCRASTINATING ! We still might have to cancel our zoo plans with neighbors, as I don't see myself pushing hard enough to get everything ready for our trip tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Sigh.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

here's to your success!! You'll do great

Lauren said...

Making progress... notice the nasty stuff is still in red. (sigh..) Mt. St. Laundry is diminishing, and Baby Bear's dresser drawers are actually getting clothes in them again. The towels are in the linen closet. Baby blankets are folded neatly. I even used carpet spray on some nasty spots and vacuumed them a 2nd time. Then baby bear found my watering can and sprinkled more spots of water in the vicinity, but hey... it's only H2O! I stripped the mattress cover, so I can't put my sheets back on til it's dry, but it will be SO nice to have clean sheets to cuddle under tonight. I love the fresh-sheet scent!

Kimberly said...

Good luck with finishing your list. Add me to the lazy list too plase. ;) Have fun at the zoo tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

wow--enjoy tackling those things to do--Happy TIT

Lauren said...

Can't say I enjoy the tackle part, but I don enjoy the end result!

on the Rock said...

I love the color codes idea:) Happy Tackling!

Sara said...

I"m avoiding my guest bath and have a couple of piles to fold as well, but they're not my tackle so I have little motivation. Keep up the good work! The list will get shorter and rest will come!

palmtreefanatic said...

great tackles! a job indeed! The fridge is a huge tackle no doubt! I love fresh clean sheets too!!!
Hope you make it to the zoo...I find a starbucks caramel mocha does wonders for my inspiration:)

RaesMom said...

You're doing great on your tackle list. I have a huge pile of laundry to put away. Hubby is great about washing, drying, even folding but not putting in the drawers. Have fun at the zoo!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

I love the "If cleanliness is next to Godliness, I'm in big trouble" you and me sister! :) That's great!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear... don't remind me... I have to do my fridge as well... that will be next week :o)

Thanks for the compliment on my yard.

Sara said...

Wow! I see a lot more green now than before! Way to go! We have (are borrowing) the same exersaucer!

Anonymous said...

Found you through 5 min for mom.
Wow. That's a long list! I'd be glad if I just tackled one of those things.