As I mentioned yesterday, I got a new blade for my Cutterpede paper trimmer. I must say, I think I'm going to love the deckle edged effect. I trimmed the edge of my ultrasound collage, and the effect is pretty cool. I have such a hard time cutting straight with the fancy-bladed scissors, so I suspect I will be using them for smaller accents and increasing my interchangable blade supply.
I am now prohibited from buying any more scrapping papers until I actually complete more pages with some of the photos and paper I already have. Too bad I left my adhesives at home. Nap time would make a great scrap time! I may go ahead and pre-plan some of the layouts for the next few pages, since I had hubby go through the trouble of bringing the pics that arrived in the mail while we were away last week.
So, Farm Wife, Bec, crt & steph- how are your scrapping projects coming along? (And anyone else.)
Here's a couple of novice questions for you experienced scrappers (those I know and those who may be lurking)...
- Do you crop your pictures with fancy edges, or just use the cool edges on paper?
- What are your favorite websites for layout ideas? Magazines? Blogs?
- Do you journal by hand or type out your journaling? The class instruction told us that even if you have messy writing, journaling is so personal that the handwriting is part of the art. I know Bec wants her pages to be legible so she types many of her journal entries.
6 comments:
I love my Cutterpede. :) I've not got that blade ... hmm, may have to check it out.
I'll answer your scrap questions in a bit - we're off for a quick errand between naps and a bit of sunshine. :)
I use paper on my scrapbooks - and just a clean cut on the photos. So clean cut on the pictures and a fancy cut (sometimes on the paper)
I PRINT out my journalling entries so that my progeny can read my writing...so instead of cursive I make sure I print clearly.
I love to look at the magazines at hobby Lobby but I never buy.:-)
my scrapbook, hmmmmm, well, ummmm, not so good. but i did crop all the picts, and cut out back-round paper for all the picts for the nursery board. so that should count for something.
tell the forbidder that sometimes new papers inspire new ideas...:-)
1.typically, i don't cut the pictures with fancy edges just my papers. just in case i change my mind about the layout, or need the picture for something else. but that's just me.
2. i like several quote sites, but i haven't scouted the scrapping sites in so long...
3.both whatever i'm in the mood to do.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
To answer your questions
1. Sometimes I make fancy edges on my photos, but other times not. Sometimes a picture is so perfect I don't want to do anything to it. Also sometimes edging the photo can be distracting and take away from it. Use your own discretion.
2. I love love love BH&G Scrapbook's Etc. Magazine! It is fabulous! Their website has lots of cool ideas too!
3. I usually hand journal, but I have typed it out before as well. It just depends on the mood you're going for on the page.
HTH
~Haley
crt- that definitely counts for something, don't worry! it will be interesting to see if mad or bear has a completed scrapbook 1st.
ok you are talking greek to me here. but have fun. can't wait to see the new stuff.
Post a Comment