Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday

I have so many photos from our quick trip North, not sure where to begin. So I guess I'll start with my Tackle It Tuesday photos.

#1: Last week's final tackle before packing- the FRIDGE


It was such a relief to come home an not have a stinky fridge to greet me!!!

#2: This morning- Plant verigated hostas and black-eyed susans that Gramma dug up for me. They get afternoon shade, so I am hoping it's not too much sun exposure for them. The hostas I planted earlier were struggling... I think I split them too much. Well, one was doing fine, the other wasn't. So Gramma gave me more. I hope we get rain soon, but until then, I'll water when I get the chance. I'm not sure if we have any restrictions yet. Ignorance is bliss.

mommy's helper

hosta- far left
black eyed susans- in front of shrubs, behind front row
(verbena, snapdragon, sedum, celosia, & spirea shrub, left-right)
The verbena and snapdragons are barely hanging on in this location. oh, well.

The "final" product. Hubby won't let me buy any more plants this year,
and I've crammed all I can into our small space.

For more TACKLE IT TUESDAY posts, visit 5 minutes for Mom!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great tackle!!

jennyr said...

nice tackle u did last week and this week! you've accomplished a lot! the bushes looks great!

Sara said...

the fridge looks great and the flowers are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when people share their wealth - a neighbor sent us home with a dozen flats of perenials - and we spent last weekend planting :)

LOVE the fridge - that is on my list - but it keeps getting pushed to the bottom!!! :)

Stop by my site and enter a drawing to celebrate my new site!! :)

http://www.thyentable4one.blogspot.com

Great Tackle today!!!

Ruth :)

Caslon said...

I love the spirea shrub! It's so pretty - I've never heard of them before.

Lauren said...

The builder put them in.
We got lucky with their shrub selection, we actually got pretty ones, and I like the tone of yellow day lily they put in, too. My Dad thinks the spirea is a dwarf, because they're normally pretty big. I cut it back pretty far every fall, and it always comes back nice in the spring. It grows like crazy, but the trimming doesn't seem to hurt it. The flowers last just a few weeks, but it says, "summer is on its way."

Anonymous said...

you have energy left? I'm worn out reading the tackles.

Lauren said...

gardening seems to invigorate me. even in the tn sunshine and heat of summer, i mean spring. crazy, i know. it's genetic.

Grace said...

We use the same Skippy Natural peanut butter, cool! :)

Lauren said...

I love it! It doesn't separate and get all gunky like most of the natural types. Of course, you alerady know that!