How beautiful! I love calla lilies. That pink is stunning.
I also love the new header & story behind it. I almost missed it reading on a feed instead of your site...gotta' be sure to check in every now and then.
everyone- thanks for the compliments. i have a much easier time capturing still subjects on camera.
crt- talk to j... with the trip to gramma's, not sure we're planning one to your place. maybe in the fall i can help you plant fall bulbs?
these are the callas that were originally started by a girl from my sister's youth group. if i remember correctly, she sells them to pay for her car. her parents own a nursery in sis' town, and while they prefer to sell wholesale or to corporate, they sell to us because we're related to the youth pastor's wife. hee hee. (they don't have a big storefront, like to keep things simple, and you get novice gardeners like myself wandering around a nursery, we take up all their time and don't spend a whole lot)... anyway, they had some of their daughters callas in bloom last year, and i picked up a couple. As you can see, the mulching, extra fertilizing (putting good soil around the spikes as they came up this spring), etc... have paid of so far. I think we're blessed with this climate. Further north, you have to "winter" the bulbs by pulling them out and storing them. Sounds like a lot of work to me!
Your callas are bigger than mine are - mine almost died from a fungus last year though so I'm just happy I have anything. I think mine may bloom next week. Love the photos too!
14 comments:
Beautiful...I love the rain drops on the pedals.
Wonderful photography!
stunning--happy WW!
wow! beautiful!
so when are you coming over, garden genie?
How beautiful! I love calla lilies. That pink is stunning.
I also love the new header & story behind it. I almost missed it reading on a feed instead of your site...gotta' be sure to check in every now and then.
So lovely!
Happy WW :)
everyone- thanks for the compliments. i have a much easier time capturing still subjects on camera.
crt- talk to j... with the trip to gramma's, not sure we're planning one to your place. maybe in the fall i can help you plant fall bulbs?
these are the callas that were originally started by a girl from my sister's youth group. if i remember correctly, she sells them to pay for her car. her parents own a nursery in sis' town, and while they prefer to sell wholesale or to corporate, they sell to us because we're related to the youth pastor's wife. hee hee. (they don't have a big storefront, like to keep things simple, and you get novice gardeners like myself wandering around a nursery, we take up all their time and don't spend a whole lot)... anyway, they had some of their daughters callas in bloom last year, and i picked up a couple. As you can see, the mulching, extra fertilizing (putting good soil around the spikes as they came up this spring), etc... have paid of so far. I think we're blessed with this climate. Further north, you have to "winter" the bulbs by pulling them out and storing them. Sounds like a lot of work to me!
The drops on the leaves are the best part!
Absolutely beautiful Lauren!!
Your callas are bigger than mine are - mine almost died from a fungus last year though so I'm just happy I have anything. I think mine may bloom next week.
Love the photos too!
I think I'll need to split them next spring, they are really taking off.
I'm glad yours came back!!!
Beautiful!
Those are lovely. I wish my callas would bloom, but it just gets too hot in Texas.
How pretty! I love the lingering rain on the leaves!
Post a Comment